When it comes to fishing, it is not enough to have fishing skills and techniques. It is not enough to have a boat or kayak. Also, it is not enough to simply have fishing tools to use. Everything must be perfect for your fishing needs.
You might be living in a place near the ocean, river or lakes. Therefore, you have all the time and opportunity to go and start fishing. You can catch fish with your friends and your family. You will surely enjoy the fishing activity if you have your proper needs.
This means that your fishing needs must be met and comply with the environment. It will be good to have fishing gears, such as life jacket and a pair of fishing sunglasses for your eye protection. It will be good to check your tools if you have enough and if they are working well.
What to consider when buying a spinning reel
Before buying a saltwater spinning reel there are a few factors for you to consider.
- You have to confirm about the type of the fish that you would like to catch.
- You must also know the type of water or the location.
- You must also consider your preferred type of fishing and techniques.
- You have to select the type of materials used in your fishing tools. Make sure that it is saltwater – corrosion resistant. You may choose Aluminum, Graphite or a combination of both materials, which makes the tool durable and lightweight.
- Consider the size of your reel because it also determines the size of your fishing line. Small sizes range from 10/100/1000 – 35/350/35000. Medium sizes range from 40/400/4000 – 55/550/5500. And then, Large size range from 60/600/6000 and above.
- Use durable spools made of aluminum or graphite. It is also important to keep the line of the spool in place.
- Choose a higher gear ratio, so that you can catch more fish because it draws your line back faster.
- Make sure that you can control the speed of pulling off the spool and that is possible with an adjustable drag system.
- You may choose a graphite or aluminum frame material. This helps in reducing the torque on your spool and also with your reel, especially if you are catching big fishes.
Saltwater Spinning Reel Reviews
Choosing a spinning reel might be also be tricky because of the various products available on the market today. It is sometimes difficult to get saltwater spinning reel with high quality. But, with proper knowledge and awareness of what you need. Buying a spinning reel will be smoother. So, we have here some product reviews for you to choose from.
On top is the Okuma Trio Spinning Reel that comes in various designs, such as the 30-S, 40-S and 55-SS. It comes with aluminum rotor, graphite side plates, a Dual Force Drag or DFD System, 10 ball bearings made of stainless steel material and an anti-reverse roller bearing.
For the second option, we have the waterproof Penn Spinfisher V Reel. It comes with 6 seals preventing water to enter your drag system and gear case, saltwater-corrosion system, 5 bearings made of stainless steel supported by 3 HT-100 washers, line capacity adjustment system, Superline spool, metal body, metal side plate, rotor made of Techno Balance and an anti-reverse roller bearing.
We have the lightweight Shimano Baitcasting Reel. It weighs 11.5 ounces. It comes with an aluminum frame, graphite side plates, gear ratio of 6:9:1, right retrieve, highly effective gears, Pinion Gear System support, Super Free Bearing support, spool made of A7075 Aluminum Magnumlite, 6 BB reels and 1 Roller bearing.
Lastly, we have the Abu Garcia Ambassadeur C3. It comes with a Carbon Matrix Drag System, 6-pin centrifugal brake, right-hand retrieve, 9.9-ounce 5500C3 size, 11.3-ounce 6500C3 size, ratio of 5:3:1, stainless steel bearing and 3 ball bearings.
Those are the options that you may get when buying a saltwater spinning reel with good quality and standards. There are various products on the market, so may this brief product reviews help you in getting what you need.
“Carl enjoys fishing with his uncles. They often go out to fish during their free time. They would love to share their fishing success with other members of the family. Their secret to their success is having good and high quality fishing tools.”